The best decorations are walls filled with love and laughter from treasured ones. The next best are walls filled with books you treasure. Anyone who has been in my home office knows I have plenty of books I treasure—over two thousand volumes . . . and growing. I’ve either read, plan to read, or have dipped into every book in my library. As I pull a book off a shelf, read it, and place it back in its place I mark that book down on a list of what I’ve read that year.
The following list represents all the books I read in 2015, in the order that I read them. I spent most of the year in heaven, since I’m writing a book on heaven. But you’ll also see some classics, novels, and history.
Enjoy the list—you might find something here you’d like to read in 2016.
- The Hobbit: or, There and Back Again, J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Liberty Threat: The Attack on Religious Freedom in America Today, James Tonkowich
- The Unique One: 18 Distinctives of Jesus Christ, Cecil Price
- Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History, S. C. Gwynne 
- What Happens After Life? 21 Amazing Revelations About Heaven and Hell, Ron Rhodes
- The Book of Courage: A Little Book of Brave Thoughts, ed. Edwin Osgood Grover
- The Prague Cemetery, Umberto Eco
- Twilight’s Last Gleaming: How America’s Last Days Can be Your Best Days, Robert Jeffress
- The Oresteia: Agamemnon, Choephoroe, Eumenides, Aeschylus
- Go Set a Watchman: A Novel, Haper Lee
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces that Stand in the Way of True Inspiration, Ed Catmull
- The Other Side of Death: What the Bible Teaches About Heaven and Hell, J. Sidlow Baxter
- The Wonder of Heaven: A Biblical Tour of Our Eternal Home, Ron Rhodes
- Same-Sex Marriage: A Thoughtful Approach to God’s Design for Marriage, Sean McDowell & John Stonestreet
- Coolidge, Amity Shlaes 
- The True Saint Nicholas: Why He Matters to Christmas, William J. Bennett
- Heaven, Randy Alcorn
- Life After Death: The Evidence, Dinesh D’Souza
- Heaven: Your Real Home, Joni Eareckson Tada
- Your Eternal Reward: Triumph and Tears at the Judgment Seat of Christ, Erwin W. Luther
- What You Should Know About Life After Death, Spiros Zodhiates
- Shall We Know One Another?, John Charles Ryle
- Answers to Your Questions About Heaven, David Jeremiah
- The Golden Key, George MacDonald 
 The best history I read this year.
 The best biography I read this year.
 Technically, this isn’t a book, but a short story—but oh, so good a story it is.
If you’d like to discover all the books I’ve read, am reading, and hope to read (at least from the time I joined) I invite you to visit my Goodreads page. Once you’re there, send me a friend request—I’d like to know what you’re reading . . . I might want to read it myself. I also invite you to follow me on Twitter @derrickjeter.